Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Happy Thanksgiving

Don and Delores, Denis and Dix, Greg and Kinsey & Arnie, Stephen & Honey & Buster got together for the feast. They started earlier with Bellini's at Ruby's and I joined in about noon. They were having way more fun at first than I was. Lots of history among us so good memories and chats and laughs. All good souls.
Delores did the turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, yams on pineapple, all done to perfection. Dix made a Dutch Apple and a pumpkin pie. Denis carved, Don joined us for dinner. Life is good with friends and a feast.
Ed left us more than a year ago. Ruby still mounts the lighted star he made in his memory. Denis and Greg got it put up. Ruby's cousin Bess, Ruby, Denis and Kinsey pose in celebration. That is Greg on the roof. Ruby and Bess were off to the Svilar family celebration-huge group and great food at the legendary restaurant the family owns.

A very pleasant interlude, this was, in the getting launched program. Truth to tell, the fine time made me wistful about leaving my Wyoming life but I am so lucky to have both Wyoming and Florida. I will be happy enough when I am on the road to something instead of away from something. I had some daylight to burn so I turned the water off and drained the pipes. I'll have a little time in the morning to do the rest while waiting for the mail and my drugs. I'll get to Florida when I get there and not a minute before.
I talked to the Oregonians. With the time difference I am afraid to call the Floridians -their celebration might be in progress.
And the best wishes to you and yours.
Posted by Picasa