Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Settling In

The RV is sited, the awning is out and two walls of the screenhouse are up. Lots of work big and small done and to do. The day started with Lori off to Pilates. Honey and Juneau chased each other and burned off a lot of energy which was good. My doggies spent a lot of time in the van while I hurried to get things out of the RV so we could get in. Honey de-stuffed her pillow. I feel lucky at that.

I imposed on Greg to haul me back to the storage yard to pick up the Van. He waas clear down in Boynton when I called. So I took him to dinner at the Grumpy Grouper. He was a little on the lonesome side- Lew is on a cruise with his very aged parents and 14 family members. Greg opted to let the blood relatives have their time-though he is treated as one of family. It was great to have a visit with him-it is good to see him.

The heaters are on-it is a little chilly. The lows here are still higher than the highs at home. They raised the lot rent so I will use the juice I need with a clear conscience The park is still looking empty but Lisa said the long-term stays are filled. They approved a longer stay. My site is blocked until May 6 but I doubt I will stay that long.