Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

No Pictures

I need to get cracking on the picture taking but unless you have a unhealthy interest in junk drawers and dust bunnies, nesting, and zen and the art of furniture arrangement, there is not much to see. I have too much stuff! All cameras are accounted for- the Oly Uzi was hiding in plain sight.

The whole area is a beehive of activity. Twenty new shell rock base campsites have gone in directly across from me. They are all dry camping sites to accommodate a group that comes annually and will hopefully be vacant most of the rest of the winter-Haitians laying sod, park people with water trucks and "steam" rollers.

New Brunswick friends Harold and Julie paid a visit- the private campground up on 10th Avenue is not working out and they can't get in here now. Their group is thinking of moving up to Hobe Sound. I'm glad I didn't jump on that "opportunity" last spring. I have a GREAT site this year.

WXEL is having their pledge drive and I donated and got the David Foster music CD. I didn't know him from Adam but he produced some great music over the years. I belong to PBS in Wyoming and here. I should also get the coupon book which is useful.

The fuzz face kids were good today. Honey has found here "spots" right here in the yard and is all systems go. Oh what a relief it is.

I inaugurated my nice gift towels this evening-the showers here are great. There was supposed to be a birthday dinner for Jason tonight but he got his usual after flying headache and sleep is what gets him beyond it. We'll do it another time when he can enjoy it.

My computer seems to have dumped all my emails from August 27 to December 2., 2008. If I owe you, please forgive me and re-send the important ones.