Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, December 05, 2008

An Energizing Variety

We live in a high crime neighborhood. Raccoons had plundered the dog biscuits and marauding birds were boldly entering the screen house to help themselves also. Steps have been taken.

About 10:00 the early bird arrived in the invasion of 400 cub scouts, with parents. He insisted on playing his religious radio station at full blast so I gave him a taste of sin music from the iPod. The scouts have packed the park and it sounds like they are having a really good time at 11:00 p.m.


Patsy came over to invite me for vespers- her husband Joe's birthday is today and a slew of them headed for TooJays. Honey escaped the RV and led me on another chase and annoyed another camper during the party. A lady with a dachshund and treat finally lured her and I grabbed her leg (Honey's, not the lady's), removed my belt and led her home.

Lori had some stuff to do in Deerfield so I got my birthday boy all to myself. He had wanted to go to the Macaroni Grille which we found shuttered and the building for lease. That was a shocker-there was always a waiting line at that place. Carrabas served admirably as a substitute but it looked like their menu selection had shrunk. It was delightful to see the lad. Dining outside on a patio on December 5, is a decided treat.

At Patsy's we started asking about folks who are usually here by now. Fully 20 couples have been hit so hard by the recession, they can't travel. Ken, a social committee stalwart, had to go back to work.

After dinner, since I was in the neighborhood, I made a WalMart run. Publix groceries are good quality but very high An occasional run to Wally world is in order. Prices are very similar to my Wyoming Walmart. I don't understand why groceries are so high down here.

I got the wifi network set up and secure. Hopefully it will reach Patsy's. I gave her the codes. Cleaned and stowed and pitched.