Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Pooped out

The WiFi station is operational, the flyers are out.

Honey slipped out again, terrorized a guy heading to the showers and took off for the lake. I took off after her, then returned for the van. She was having a ball and I was not. She would jump into the sludgy shore and run in the lake, hide in the bushes, and dance away whenever I got close. Campers tried to help me. The Park Ranger tried to help me. I got a workout. She finally started to follow the Van. Buster gave her hell. She made it home and I caught and leashed her and started for the store which I had strted to do when she ran away. A ride in a warm van with a wet stinky dog was no picnic. Any reluctance about the electronic collar was erased. It is charging as I write this. I hope it works and I get trained tomorrow. Frankly if I had it on her today she would have been dancing.

I got a lot done around here today. Working off the anger.

A neighbor,Tim, and his black German Shepherd, Milo came looking for Honey to play. I bought him a Corona- a first for him. He had mentioned he had a plate in his back. Turns out he is a Carny and got injured breaking down a ride. He had interesting information on the Carnival business and South Florida scams and scandals. That was fun. Honey tried all her tricks trying to get Milo to play but he was halfhearted.

I am very tired tonight. Early to bed and one more good day should do it on getting ship shape. Tomorrow will have an interruption for Honey training in Deerfield.