Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rainy Day

On and off rain-not hard, all day long. Warm enough. It was the blessedly peaceful day I had been looking for: concentrating on inner space, the RV is getting ship-shape. The vacuum ran, the dust cloth unlimbered. Some stacks disappeared, some stacks merely got moved. The Italian Wedding Soup became Evolution soup. Greg came over in a panic. His computer died while he was transferring his photographs to DVD. I walked Honey over to his campsite to play with Pupper while I worked on his computer. It was a ten minute job. A new WiFi client came over and I got him online.

I know Amazon really keeps track of its customers. Jason had looked for a certain item for Matt. We had talked it over and Lori and Jason would get one part of this gift, and I would get the other for the Oregon family. Jason called Sunday from the airport and said Amazon was out. I said I had checked the day before and they had 178 "new and used." So I checked again and I guess as an Amazon "frequent flier," I got lucky on their item. I signed up for a phone text message for the out of stock item. That ship came in today. It is done. Wrapped presents will arrive in Oregon tomorrow and the next day. Got 'er dun! On time for Christmas.

I have new next door neighbors. Quap, they are from Quebec. She is quite chunky. She thought she got an ant bite and he went right to work putting cream on her unreachable feet. Their patio area looks right into my kitchen/computing area. I think I will invest in some window film to temporaily darken my already dark window. I'd hate for them to discover me with a finger up my nose or some other social error. On the other hand I don't want to miss a thing.

The park is is starting to get more residents.