Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Foundered!






Tim and Milo are best buddies. Their portrait from yesterday. I took Tim his dinner this morning. He came over for a visit this afternoon and said he enjoyed his breakfast if you can call medallions of pork loin, pork stuffing, baked potato and applesauce, breakfast. Milo and Honey are becoming friends- Buster is continually alarmed by Milo.



The Goldcoasters Santa with kids and treats from last night. A pretty elaborate performance. Goldcoasters appear to have mostly $250,000.00 coaches. They take a monthly trip to a gathering place usually for a weekend because as one told me some have to work or have working wives. They seem to enjoy each other's company and hold each other and themselves in high regard.




The Flynns put together a Christmas Feast for Harold, Julie and me tonight. Stuffed Cornish Game Hens, mashed potatoes, gravy, vegetable medley, cranberry sauce, cole slaw, home canned Chow and beets. We started outside with a few beers. Rain chased us in. We had Blue Nun wine with dinner, and aperitifs with dessert cakes. I nearly foundered and know I was spilling sugar but I enjoyed it ever so much. Good conversation, good humor, easy hospitality, interesting stories.. All this put together only with the aid of bicycles, mind you and preparations for separate departures to New Brunswick over the next couple of days. As they recounted their busy itineraries in Canada, I thought they are going to have to come back to John Prince Park to rest up afterwards.
Joe and Patsy's kids have done a makeover on their house and Harold and Julie have a family celebration in a different town nearly every day. The rain let up and we made a break for home-me to my Metformin for some mediation of the sugar. Self abuse of the elderly kind- a terrific food glut. I'm smiling. Cooked for the dogs to cure the stink-eye I was getting.