Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's a Dog's Life

Post-lesson critique. Honey and Juneau had their lessons. It was a bit brutal for Honey as she got the first taste of the electronic collar on the "correction" setting. But it was effective and fast and Eddie got all the credit for being the a-hole. After she caught on, it went amazingly well and I really do feel hopeful. As quickly as she learned, I think the "vibrate" setting will be about all that is necessary in short order. She does come when called most of the time and with the collar for backup for awhile she is not going A.W.O.L. Our school daze are over unless something comes up. Juneau continues learning the fancy stuff.
Lori and I went to a little bistro she knows about in a toney plaza. She sips her cappucino. We were next to some Italian men-speaking Italian. As usual, we had a little memory to make. The plaza had constructed a stage which made it necessary for us to direct others and each other as we backed out of the parking area.
My meal was billed as a "roast sirloin of angus beef" That is how you charge 11 dollars for a roast beef sandwich. But it was a great sandwich in a nice place. The local clairvoyant was setting up to do readings as we left. I passed. Lori is fun and I always enjoy her company.
Much earlier in the day: My latest WiFi cleeyant (Quebec for client) brought me a pint of pure Maple Syrup as a thank-you. "We have a small sugar house." A very nice man and gracious too. Greg and Lew stopped by walking their dogs. I "Old Englished" all my oak cabinets. There are a lot of them. This coach, though dated, is very luxurious.
I received the email version of my blogger friends Christmas letter. They raised the bar. I'd better get busy.
I also got my Cretaceous Oil dividend check-up 25%. Those days are over. My take on the $50 billion Ponzi scheme: Bernie Madoff with with Shylock's Ripoffs while the SEC Jerkoffs were asleep at the switch. Precious little talk about privatizing Social Security these days. I'm totally unmotivated because I was smart enough to see the "market" for what it was: a crap game run by crooked dealers, but I keep wondering when somebody is going to walk up to one of the mega-crooks and put a bullet in their head. Down here, the heirloom jewelry is hitting the pawn shops, condos are being marketed where there is no market, the Mercedes are being auctioned. Formerly wealthy parents are moving in with their kids. I still don't get why they are reluctant to help manufacturers and so willing to bailout bankers. Two trillion dollars "loaned" and Treasury Secretary Paulson says we can't even know who got it.
Posted by Picasa