Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve in Deerfield Beach



You can click on the slideshow to go to larger web album pictures.

I was starting to feel better by Tuesday afternoon and Tim invited me for barbecued chicken- I bought an old dead chicken and he made it something special. The boy knows his way around a grill. He made a delicious melange of potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and asparagus to steam on the grill and we were in tall cotton for an evening. He had taken Milo to the vet in the morning so he was less alcohol infused and even the conversation was good. I headed for bed shortly after dinner and Christmas Eve day broke very early and fine, if windy. Greg and Lew came over and we four sat in the screenhouse and were highly amusing to each other to judge from the laughter. Life's absurdities and our very own absurdities made us laugh. Greg was celebrating being 5 days without cigarettes and is seemingly doing fine on Chantix stop-smoking drug. I am intrigued. Our dogs get along pretty well, too. Honey and Pupper are really good together-they played nice.

I got it together to shower and drive us to Deerfield where the doggies played before we went to the neighbor's for the feast and festivities. It was raining all the way and the service stations were closing in front of my very eyes but I finally did top off the gas tank on the way down. It was only "misting" in Deerfield but we ended up back here at John Prince in a gully washer. Deerfield got it this morning.

It was nice to have a nice party and enjoy somebody else's annoying relatives. Number one, you may never see them again. Number two, kinda makes you grateful for your god-given annoying relatives.