Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

It's a Dog's Life in Deerfield

Per our arrangement, I arrived in Deerfield soon after Lori left to go the Rheumatologist to do my laundry and supervise a doggie play date. I managed to hit every single red light between Lake Worth and Deerfield on the way down and made two stops on my way to make an hour and fifteen minute drive out of it. Honey and Juneau were so glad to see each other. They ran and ran outside chasing each other. Then they pooped out. They get along great, napping together, playing and sharing toys. Buster waits until the big dogs are in a clinch, then he tries to hump Juneau. We are working on that. (Not very hard-it is funny and he gets to play too.)

The big dogs get a lot of pent up energy out and are much more relaxed (and relaxing to be around) after a romp. That darn Lori has designs on my dog: "Why don't you leave her here?" They are fun to watch together and they entertain each other.
Lori brought McDonald's for a late lunch: plain kiddie burgers for the kids, Quarterpounders for the growns. A nice day for the dogs is almost always a nice day for their owners.
The Rheumatologist ruled out classic arthritis in Lori's case. Her hands are an artifact of the diabetes. He did prescribe a pill that might help and sometimes only requires a relatively short course of treatment. I hate that disease.

Windy and rainy this late afternoon and evening-blessedly cool and mild now. Clean clothes, tired dogs and tired me. Sleeping is going to be good tonight.
Posted by Picasa