Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year's Eve

My good Quebec neighbors are like most Canadians- not self conscious about their bodies which is a very healthy thing. Little Jolie is still in heat and my dogs enjoy playing with her-no harm done and she is quite frisky. That is their little tiny camper directly behind them. It gets the job done and is quite ingenious in design-tows light too. It has been fun to watch them blossom in the sunshine. They will become regulars.

After paying $5.00 for a bag of Doritos this morning I got ticked off at Publix and drove up to El
Presidente market and found my new shopping home. Great prices, great variety- real food, not corporate (though it is a pretty big corporation) and the patrons and clerks are fun-a real store for real people. Oranges 10 cents apiece, limes 8 for a buck, fresh chicken livers, rice, peas, lentils, all less than a buck a pound. It's a pretty good drive but there are other stores in the area too. - I will just shift north for my weekly shop. The Deli was a revelation: Bought some ribs, polenta, and yuca- all of which I really liked.

I called early and made my apologies to the kids. They had invited me on a party hopping venture tonight but I was feeling draggy and heavy-retaining water. Yesterday was a draggy day too. My shoes are looser already but I didn't feel like I needed to be drinking and driving and being on my feet tonight. At home with the doggies and getting good phone calls.
Posted by Picasa