Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, January 05, 2009

Monday already!

I feel like I need a vacation-yet I can't really count any major events but I feel busy, busy, busy. The Turtle-savers just pulled out. We got pretty close. Richard did some maintenance on the RV that I was needing done and that needed two pairs of hands. In return I made a good donation to their Turtle Foundation, (them). I sensed they were living pretty close to the bone but they are proud people. They were grateful and I was able to avoid offending them...or I was played like a fiddle but I think not. They left me with refrigerator art by Teakahla and turkey feather totems and a hand carved turtle. Lovely mementoes. A feel-good interaction. Part of the approved Sea Turtle protocol calls for specific identifiers for hatchlings- Stephen, Buster and Honey will have namesake hatchlings. I may go down to Deerfield to sit a nest with them ( for about an hour-maybe).

It has been fun to watch the Quebecois with the tiny camper blossom in the sunshine. She was so out of sorts when they arrived. Now they are having a ball-she has invested in some colorful, beach wrappers, and seems to be beaming all the time. The sunshine will do that to northern dwellers.

Suzanne, the large lady next door brings Honey dog treats every day. She is a treat-so kind, yet so capable and determined. I think provoking her wrath would be a major mistake on anybody's part. Honey just might make up to her. She was having none of Richard, Siouxzann, and Teakahla- I think they tried too hard and put her off.

In some ways I envy Suzanne's husband. They are sun worshippers - he must be in his late 60's and has the body of a 30 year old- from the head down. The face is Bert from Sesame Street. That part I don't envy.

It is a tad warmish for my taste today-the dogs are having a siesta under the air conditioning as I type.