Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, January 02, 2009

The Miracle of Modern Connectivity

The phone rang about 2:00 p.m. It was Tim! He told me in great detail how he landed a 27 pound Wahoo and he would drop me off some Wahoo steaks! Shit! I can't argue with his thoughtfulness, though. I was kidding him about his laundry and asked him if the undies were coming out white. "What underwear," he said. Too much information. I don't even know his last name but now I know he doesn't wear underwear.

I visited with the LaTours-the Georgians. Their awning was vibrating in the wind last night. I happened to have some spare de-flappers which we quickly installed. They were ever so grateful. They are chatters. But they have things to say so that is a good thing-for now.

I found a closer El Presidente grocery store. Very convenient and I made a bottled water run and did deep reconaissance. It is part grocery store of my youth with real butchers, whole fish, bulk food, and part exotic garden filled with food I have never tasted and am clueless about preparing. Found some things to try as well as some bargains. I came back by way of Radio Shack and purchased a digital TV converter box. Bill DeMille, the previous owner of this coach told me his nephew had wired the electronics-and it has a full spectrum: VCR, CD jukebox, 2 televisions, satellite hookup, antenna booster, inverter, switching station, and 2 AM-FM stereo systems. Bless the little sweetheart, he took masking tape and labeled the wires! It took me all of 15 minutes to complete the transition. Forty new channels, subtract the religious wack-o's, the Spanish language channels, and it is still about six watchable channels but I am now digital.

I was frustrated with my netbook computer- I turned Jason's courtesy call into tech support last night. The netbook wouldn't connect. I did a system restore and the works. It turned out my wifi router had a brain cramp and nobody could get on last night. The first ones to complain are always the S.O.W.E.R.S.- they are CHRISTIANS (their emphasis) who travel in their RV showing up to do the Lord's work wherever they are called. I wish they were needed in Wisconsin. The surname is Syriani and he is about half aggressive. For freeloaders, they are pushing their luck with me. http://www.sowerministry.org/