Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Bits and Pieces

Mrs. LaTour of Georgia is gradually revealing herself as a neurotic control freak of the passive aggressive type. She has an old laptop but "can't possibly afford one that is powerful enough to do my photowork." (BS- Tiger has HP's with 3 gig memory for $400.00) It has been interesting to watch her work with leg bandages that come and go: "I was in a wheelchair 5 weeks ago!" A glance at her husband reveals an embarrassed grin. Having a little chat with all the neighbors about how we are all "quiet." Telling me she faints when dogs approach her. I listened to a catalog of all her medical problems. Munchausen Syndrome? Perhaps I will introduce her to Dr. Glasser's work. The new neighbors are an RV full of laborers working on fencing the Auto Auction. I suspect she will soon have something to complain about.

Many of the Canadians who went home for the holidays are showing up again. Patsy is thrilled with her house in Bathurst. One daughter in law spearheaded and all the kids pitched in for an extreme makeover of her home while she was away. All new paint, curtains, electrical fixtures, lamps, knick knacks, clocks, etc. They were all there for the first viewing. Joe said he did little besides cook-his granddkids are good eaters and they all got snowed in for a few days. They had a very good time and are back in the welcoming tropics.

Cheryl and Doug pulled in- they were getting settled. Very nice people from Michigan.
Ken and Mervi stopped by- my gut feeling is that while they are happy with their rented condo they are finding it isolated and are lonely.

Suzanne is making progress in the wooing of Honey. Buster made right up to Claude today. They have an 18 pound cat at home. They seem very kind.

I made contact with Lori to arrange a play date for Honey with Juneau. She has to go to the doc tomorrow and I will supervise dogs and do my laundry while she does that. She was taking down Christmas decorations. They had a ball with her brother and his wife. Joyce was very impressed with David's mansion on New Year eve. David invited them all to fly in his plane to the Bahamas, so Jason had Chad and Joyce get their passports overnighted from Texas to Deerfield and they spent 24 hours in the Bahamas at the ritziest of places. Lori said they were "pie-eyed." I think this is so great-they made an unexpected memory. Out of the ordinary for a Texas State Trooper and his wife. And I suspect a real treat for David to share, which he likes to do. Lori said many of the guests at the New Year party were Hispanic-David's employees and extended families-dancing and whooping it up. Rich but not snobs.