Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, January 09, 2009

Pix from the Park

With legs that didn't seem to have cinder blocks attached to them, I ditched the dogs, mounted the bike and took the Sony out for snapshots. I only rode for about a mile but it felt good and it was nice to escape "the kids" for awhile. I played with Honey and took her on a morning walk so she was sleeping and I keep the bike out back so she didn't see me go. She snuggles Buster for comfort when I am gone but she was misty eyed when I got back and I got lots of kisses.
A snakebird dries itself off in this picture. Enlarge by clicking to see the wonderful patterns in its feathers.
Sitting ducks-they have companionable groups.
Two Iguanas of the three I photographed. The other one was the more typical green variety. There are rumors in the park of Iguana hanky -panky going on. I wonder if the two above are culprits. They are not indigenous to Florida but discarded pets have found the setting salubrious and they have achieved pest status as they eat birds eggs. Nonetheless, I find them interesting and most residents of the park enjoy them too. The orange one is about a three-footer and there are others in the park larger.

I took Honey on an afternoon walk and paused at the Flynn's where they offered and I accepted a glass of a nice Cabernet. A pleasant day, not too hot, and again a nice cool evening.
Posted by Picasa