Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Out Came the Sun

A good part of the morning was spent putting things to right after the big winds and rain. It has been very dry here so I am not complaining. I awoke feeling refreshed and my calves were almost normal in size. I wish I could tell exactly what produces or causes what. The sleep may have done the trick or the trace minerals fizzy drink Lori gave me. We are always trading supplements. I took her some Magnesium tablets, she gave me the fizzies. Honey was pretty mellow today. We played a little after I got my chores done. I have been trying to walk the dogs on one leash with tandem leads- I am the Maypole-they are the dancers.

Greg and Lew came by walking their dogs-I invited them out for dinner at the Lantana Ale and Sports Bar (80 television sets!). I had read a review that said the food was pretty good, portions generous and prices relatively low: sounded about right to me. They had outside and inside rooms and I asked the hostess if they served food both places. "We'll serve you anyplace but the bathroom," and we were off. We had a good time. And the review was about right on. Amanda, our server, steered us in the right directions. We hit happy hour for two-fers and Greg had four. Lew drove home. I took the dogs since it was cool and as we were getting ready to go they were calling out "Goodbye Honey." I said, "Gosh, buy you guys dinner and you get pretty friendly." Struck us hysterically funny but it may have been the booze.

A heater is on to take the chill off this evening. Bed is an inviting prospect.