Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Laying Low in the Tropics

The weather is to my liking. Kind of coolish until mid-day, cooling about 3:00 and kind of crisp in the night. Buster's leg seemed out of alignment so the Ace bandage went on. Now he thinks he is wounded. He is a trouper.

Cleaned and housekept a little. Doormats were getting pretty sad so Family Dollar got a visit. At $3.00, they are almost disposable anyway. They require a little trimming. Tossed some old cushions and spent $8.00 for new ones.

Visited, visited, and visited some more. My 2 year ago neighbor, Kathy, greeted me like a long lost friend as she came out of the showers. They barely spoke in 2007, Spoke not at all last year but I found out who died, who was forging estate checks, who was bipolar, who had dementia, who had their kids in state custody, how the cat recovered, and more, more, more this year-go figure!

Ran into Greg and Lew and the dogs while they were fishing. They invited me over in the afternoon. A good nap intervened. When I got to their house a half gallon of Captain Morgan Rum was being hit pretty hard- I visited for awhile but passed on the rum. Honey and I moseyed toward home and I took a glass of wine with Patsy and Joe. They are easy to visit with-have wide interests and good hearts. They cooked Thanksgiving dinner twice- once for the "tent people" and once for themselves. The tent people are around the corner from me- some are just tenting travelers, some are only a step up from homeless if a tent can be called home. Some RV'ers look down their snoot, some are friendly to them.

Cooked some chicken breasts from El Presidente. They were huge! (and a little tough).

Golden Globes are on. Always a little interesting-they serve as a TV/DVD guide for me because I do not partake of the first run economy. But I do have my favorites among the stars and talent.