Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Fog in the Morning, a Gale tonight

Our little camp with our nice big yard as seen in the fog this morning. In between the fog and the rain it was gray, sometimes windy but not unpleasant. I worked on the screenhouse computer-it was essentially inoperable- wouldn't boot, but I fixed it. Spent quality time with the doggies which means playing and rough-housing with Honey and long pets and lovies with Buster. I did a great circle shopping tour and didn't buy a thing except cable to download pictures from the Sony camera. The original somehow got severed by dog teeth. I looked at mending it but those things are multiwired, shielded and grounded and all the wires are tiny. I thought it beyond my skill and patience and a e new cable. I scouted some things. I use the Internet suppliers for information and benchmarks, check locally, then usually buy from the Internet if the item plus shipping charges come in below the local price. The Internet has replaced the Sears catalog as my research primary source. I do miss those fat catalogs-they held a wealth of information.

The water was fixed before daybreak-no boil water order-but we don't drink it anyway.

To Deerfield tomorrow. Dogsitting, laundry, and a little visit.
Posted by Picasa