Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Reverting to Type

Another day just hanging out at home, playing with my electronic toys and nesting. The internet business (ha, ha) is booming. I went to an RV to try to get an improved signal, messed with the antennas and managed to temporarily degrade the signal. Mr. LaTour as much as admitted his wife was insatiably demanding, using her "conditions" as a bludgeon. Tonight there was a real "emergency" so she is probably in high gear. The water is out in the park. I quickly shut mine off at the tap-there will undoubtedly be a boil water notice. Mr. LaTour was fretting- I told him it was just like camping, now.
There was a lot of traffic on the runway that leads planes right over the bathhouse so I snapped pictures. After getting them on the computer it was plain there were only two planes-student pilots were practicing. Contrast the noise with the silent grace and stealth of the fellow below.
I set up the old HP computer in the screenhouse. Apparently there are still some folks who need a terminal and since it holds the bulk of my music collection, I updated my iPod after loading all of Bill DeMille's big band, Patsy Cline, Celine and Ray Charles CD's. They were in the CD changer that came with the coach.

I feel like I am wasting opportunities when I "revert to type" and just do my "at-home" interests but I guess it is OK to just do what I like to do in the Tropics. I ran to the store for coffee creamer and dog food. I bought a package of marrow bones and was a hero to the dogs. They were intense for about two hours. Best $2.70 I have spent in a long time.
Posted by Picasa