Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Ladies Who Lunch

I supervised the doggie playdate and did a little laundry in Deerfield while Lori and Jacqui drove her Maserati (as opposed to David's Maserati) to lunch or "Champagneing" as Jacqui likes to call it. Lori looks good in a Maserati. I asked Jacqui to make it growl and she obliged. Enlarge any of the pictures by clicking on them. The top picture shows the doggies in full pursuit in their chasing game. Chateau du Poochie called and invited Juneau for a playdate on Friday. He is a good player and a television crew will be there. Will stardom go to his head?
The ladies were planning a "James Bond Party" at Jacqui and David's. (Dibs on being Goldfinger, in the event I am invited). It is essentially a costume party in which a Bond ambience prevails- dry martinis, shaken not stirred, and costumes are of Bond characters. It could be fun and will undoubtedly be a shutterbug's dream of an evening. All were friends before the big money hit and I am pleased to say they enjoy the fun of it but still well remember who they are.
Meanwhile, the keeper of the seawall across the canal is unimpressed by it all and earns his living chasing green tree lizards along it as fast as his stubby little legs allow.

Matt called. He was just back from his checkup in Eugene. They think arthritis is setting in on his knee. He can't run, kneeling is very painful, stairs are somewhat difficult. But he is excited about the reunion here in Florida and is applying for a job with the state so it is a mixed bag-just like everybody else. I do get furious at times, though, about the gratuitous circumstances of his injury-just plain malice. Makes me want to look that dude up and put a major hurt on him. I do believe in dharma and karma but sometimes it is difficult to wait.
Posted by Picasa