Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday, Funday

Ken and Mervi, neighbors from a year ago (and Internet customers) opted for an apartment this year. They got a good deal-about $1,000.00 per month for two bedrooms, two and a half baths, balcony, living room, dinette, living room, sauna, waterside barbecue privileges, mostly furnished, in a gated complex. But they are out of the park swim. They invited me for a Finnish pancake breakfast. A pretty keen way to start the day:




Click on the pictures to see a larger slideshow. Their neighbor Harold had a t-shirt that amused me. He is from Indiana- wifey bought him the t-shirt.

I did some chores-setting the outside patio to rights and hooking up my Circuit City $19.95 marked down to $17 amplified woofer and two satellite speakers to the television. Pretty cool.

Then Suzanne invited me for a "little happy hour" Her brother and his wife and her husband and I made up the little band. Bloody Mary's and delicious canape's that kept coming. Truffle pate, little quiches, crackers, and a Suzanne special: a cracker, a little sour cream, a little cocktail sauce, topped with a smoked oyster: to die for. Very enjoyable, convivial people.

About half looped I attempted to make spaghetti with a shortage of my usual ingredients. Not a wonderful success but edible and lots of it. No cooking tomorrow.

The doggies' medicine seems to have worked. Bless them.

Great day. Colder is coming-record cold...oooh.