Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Parting

A cool and windy day. Claude and Suzanne worked like beavers breaking camp. They are ahead of schedule but are not leaving early-just taking advantage of crappy beach weather to get ready. Claude does not have to be back at work until February 2nd so they will have a leisurely trip home and a few days to get settled. I will surely miss them. Next season- "God willing."

I had a good gab with Lori this a.m. and it was about all I felt up to. I awoke tired and eventually cured that with a long nap. As a cold front is predicted and I haven't seen heater one in the bath-houses, I took advantage of the relative warmth for a long hot shower. It may have to last a few days. My own shower, like many of the showers in the camp's RV's has been given over to storage.

I took a trip to Mc Donald's to activate a new WiFi finding program I downloaded to my iPod touch. A gift from Jason and Lori, the new iPod has been gaining my gadget loving affection. It is essentially an Apple iPhone without the phone-but it has wifi connectivity. Video, music, maps, calendar, clocks, email, calculator, contacts, browswer in an instant and in your pocket. The new wifi app needed a "registered hot spot" to find my location. My homegrown hotspot doesn't count. It worked. Shopped at El Presidente. I think there is a bit of a "pushback" against the "English only" crowd. I was pretty sure the ladies at the deli counter were having a joke at my ignorant of Spanish expense the other day. Today when I asked for a pound of shrimp, I was informed I wanted "one livre." It was done with a smile but the message was clear- I was in "Spanish America." I have been processing this experience. I am half-amused and half ticked off.
Posted by Picasa