Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

A pretty cool day made being glued to the television a good thing. I am filled with hope and optimism and think the founding fathers were wise to provide a periodic renewal. So many inspiring stories and iconic persons spoke. Everybody seemed to rise above themselves for the good of the nation- graciousness, generosity, ruled the day. And even now as I drink a cup of Inca Kola and watch the parties with phenomenal entertainers it is clear that the fact of my generation fading is made more clear by the fact that the entertainers-all very good, are little known to me.

I got the oil changed in the van and tried to donate blood. I was rejected because my bottom number on the blood pressure was too high.They said it might make me "sick." I'll time my meds a little different and try again. My doc thinks it would be helpful for me.

I dosed the dogs with flea powder. There was a little scratching going on and from their behavior since I powdered them, I think there is some movement-I just hope it is away.

Mrs. LaTour is turning into trouble. She was fussing about the way the new neighbors plugged into our common terminal. She was concerned that I might trip-though I was not concerned. She jumped them about the way they are parking tonight- her husband just cringed, acquiesced, and disappeared.

Happy hour was at the Rosenbergs, by the lake. Unusual treats by Yves, a retired Montreal cop and Andree, his wife. They are former neighbors who never spoke for the entire 2007 season but as they have gained language, are really quite funny. Pat and Joe, Monique, and Jan and Bob. Lots of laughter.

Deerfield tomorrow. It is chilly.