Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Just Beachy

Claude and Suzanne must have crept out in the depth of night and they did it very quietly. They had another day paid but figured they might as well drive in the cold and get a jump on their long trip back to Quebec. I helped them a bit last night and was surprised to find their site empty at the crack of dawn. Last night was a two-heaters on and two dogs on the bed night. But it was pleasant by noon and when I got back from the store and taking pictures at the beach, it was time to open windows, turn on the vent fans, and shed a layer of clothes.
A fuzzy picture of a fast moving yacht. A very long shot and a bumpy ocean. It was such a pretty sight I had to try for it.
The Goodyear Blimp was hugging the coastline. I thought it pretty windy to be flying the blimp but it seemed to forge ahead right on course.

The Lake Worth pier seems to be nearly complete in the repair process.

Gabbed a bit with the neighbor, Ron, who has a profoundly disabled son. He seems very nice but is either a horrible story teller or a little limited himself. I thought he was finished four times. Vehicle repair history is not a strong interest for me, anyway. I helped the new (from Quebec) neighbor in back hang his side curtain. They are either newbies or anal retentives. I walked over to help and he said in a thick French accent "I have a big problem. The birds are shitting on my cover (awning). I have to wash it every day." I don't know what to tell him. You go camping in paradise and things shit. Been going on for quite awhile.

Rich called and was very newsie. I got a report on everything from his hip replacement (only one more therapy session) to his kids and grandkid, cousins and friends. It was great to get caught up and if I hadn't been trying to cook my dinner, it would have been even better. He has a knack for calling at inconvenient times- I think he got that from my mom.
Posted by Picasa