Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Tragedy Strikes the LaTours

We had a MAJOR rainfall last night-much needed. I was out pushing on my awning to force the accumulating water out of the "bucket" created by the weight of the water until I could lower one end to provide a runoff channel. Alas! The LaTours were snugly inside playing board games with her sister. Said sister is flying to Massachusetts today and unwittingly opened the door and their awning, bent beyond repair, released a deluge I was privileged to observe. Mme. LaTour was fit to be tied. Sister was a good sport though soaked, Mark was under pressure. I volunteered to retie their tiedowns while they scooted for the airport. Now they have an awning story!

In other news: Joyce and Gary arrived from Pittsburgh via Jacksonville where Gary's cousin's wife pitched a fit over being able to watch the Australian Open Tennis Match finale and threatened to send the guests upstairs to their room. They had a pretty good trip. Joyce played roving reporter at a truck wash they used to get the grime and salt off their RV and had a great time.

Greg was here catching a little buzz on my Coronas and sneaking a smoke or two. He brought his remaining packs here when the quitting began. They are in the beverage refrigerator creating what I guess in legal parlance could be construed as an 'Attractive nuisance." He was amped over summer plans up north and a visit from his daughter. On a lark about four years ago he bought a big bag of koi fish for a pittance and released them in his man-made pond. They have prospered and a four inch one is now worth $40.00 and the bigger ones worth more than $100.00. Breeding size are rarely sold and his are breeding size. By accident he has created wealth. He had a hard time coming up and seems more content with himself in his mid-forties. Nice to see, and instructive.

It is breezy and cool today though the storm clouds appear to be dissipating.
Posted by Picasa