Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, February 02, 2009

How did it Get to be Monday, already?

Saturday morning Greg stopped by so I drove to Hypoluxo to a Denny's Classic Chrome Diner to meet Nick and Jody, their friends from New York. They came down to visit Nick's family and it was a several day family fight, Italian style. So they took a cruise and enjoyed it immensely. We heard the details over Grand Slams and Omelets which Greg paid for. Nick and Jody had the Italian/ New York accents I remember and you have seen on Television if you haven't experienced it live. I really enjoyed meeting them. Nick does woodworking and had pictures on his cell phone. Pretty cool stuff. My camera had a dead battery. Saturday afternoon I played with and brushed the dogs. Honey is getting three a day walks to keep the edge off. The weather has not been too shiny- What Wyoming gets eventually ends up here only milder. Joyce and Gary called-they are on their way from Pittsburgh aand escaped on icy roads.

Superbowl Sunday was fun all day long. The LaTours brought me a bottle of Sparkling Raspberry Wine as a thank-you for Intenet, loan of de-flappers, etc. etc. That was unexpected. What was expected was the Tailgate Party at Patsy and Joe's. It was a lot of fun:



Click on the slideshow for bigger pix.

For actual game watching I drove to Deerfield for the High Definition Super Size Screen, stereo, "you are there" presentation. John Madden in stereo is almost more than I can bear. They were celebrating Lori's birthday (she looked gorgeous- all dolled up), so there was Barbecue: pulled pork, potato salad, BBQ Beans, and a red velvet birthday cake! I was popping glucophage pills, Lori boosted her insulin pump but we had a nice time. Jason was rooting for Arizona, I was pulling for Pittsburgh.I think we had equal time on the "Yays!!" and "Oh Crap"s!The doggies played and were almost as entertaining as the game. No problems falling asleep for any of us.

Today I sneaked away for a bike ride-tried to burn off a calorie or two, and am still digesting- paying for my Sunday gluttony. It is pretty windy today but the dogs are tethered outside where they like to be and I'd better check on them.