Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Melange

Lots of different things today: I took pictures of this rig- Boone, the great Dane's home. This modified horse trailer has it all-the small living quarters are not so small with a slide out. It even has an awning, as if hauling horses around the country weren't complicated enough. The owner belongs to some "shooting while astride a horse" association.


Forgetting about the three hour time difference, I called my baby boy Matt at some ungodly hour this morning to inquire what he wanted for his birthday. He called back later but was of absolutely no help. He had been on a ride-along for his new job- patrolling and doing saturation patrols and he was frankly pumped about the job. I called his mum to get an idea and we concocted a plan after she consulted with Cheryl. Now we are working on Audrey.

I did not go to Target for a spendy day the other day-instead I went to Wal-Mart and blew $4.00 on a new watch battery. It still is losing about 20 minutes out of 24 hours. But I bought a $15.00 watch at the clothes store. I have been ruminating on buying a toaster oven which is a popular item in the campground. Energy saving and it can go outside to keep the heat out. Yesterday I invited Greg and Lew for dinner tonight and got a definite "maybe." So I went to Target, after researching diligently, and got a Black and Decker Toaster Oven and a griddle that was on sale-had my spendy day. Took a little nap and was unpacking the toaster oven when Greg and Lew and two dogs arrived. The toaster oven got its trial by fire. A nice little pork roast, and potatoes went into the thing and it turned out a marvelous meal. It is a honey. I am glad I got it. Added some fresh asparagus and green beans in the microwave and some cut fruit for dessert. The roast disappeared- dogs shared. It worked out fine because we always have plenty to talk about. Greg who is kind of obsessive about dog grooming (J.J. has a mohawk) took the brush to Miss Honey. She is starting to "blow her coat" in the heat. She looks about 10 pounds lighter and is beautiful. It remains to be seen if Greg will be able to get back in the yard.

Took the dogs on their separate walks tonight. Buster gets a short one. But he likes to get one, too.
The Academy Awards were on tonight. Kind of fun but I am not current. I saw some I will watch for when they come out on DVD. Nice day, if a little toasty.
Posted by Picasa