Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Catch up day

Saturday was a beautiful warm day that found me just puttering. Marc took it upon himself to fix the flat on my bike. It did not take but he told me last night he had the same problem with his new bike tires and now knows the solution. Andre stopped by when we were working on that and kept us in stitches. Marc and Jeanne got their truck back. They went on the tandem bike, Rene and Terese went to the Metropolitan Opera simulcast and I took a two hour nap. I think I have been resting well at night save for frequent potty breaks which require two steps so the nap was a surprise but very nice.

Miss Honey met Parker, a great yellow lab, that does not bark (!) and had a nice visit on one of our walks. Two hundred or more scouts settled on Scout Hill and their joyous noise was music. Some ding dong dad brought a portable light setup that was truly offensive.

I ordered a 32 gigabyte smartmedia card from Amazon because the card reader on old HPWide still functions and that will let me get my documents and pictures off it with only four or five transfers. Then I will turn it over to a tech person who can possibly fix the USB ports.

Grilled cheese sandwich and soup made this quiet day complete. I guess I needed some down time because I was quite content with my day.