Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Warm Florida Day

I could not help but notice a 68 degree difference between here and home in Wyoming at 7:00 a.m. EDST. It warmed right up today. Honey did well on her bike run. I headed to PetSmart to re-up my supply of dog poo bags and shopped for treats for my two and Juneau. I stopped at Best Buy to inquire about a computer repair job for HPWide. After asking the Geek Squad guy and describing the symptoms he said the dreaded "Replace the motherboard, big bucks." I may eventually send it in to HP for a second opinion but he is probably right. Took in Shane's BBQ for a sandwich and wandered back to camp. The LaTours offered me a lunchtime Corona and so I visited and drank a beer. We rehashed the party. They had received my emailed photos and I got to see Jeanne's on her camera.

The beer and the heat induced a nap. Took Honey on another bike run and this one was ill-timed. Everbody was walking their dog so there were lots of interruptions but no crashes.

My stomach has been distended for 3 days- partly for the usual reason but it does not feel like it is emptying, It needs a rest and that is is hard to do- a giant piece of blueberry coffeecake was brought by Bonnie, for instance, but it must take place and soon. Sipping peach tea prior to bed.