Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rainy Day

"Isolated showers-20 percent chance," morphed into a half inch in an hour and on and off rain all day. I am not complaining about the rain but the forecasting is pitiful. Honey has been like the seven year old (dog years) she is, telling me she is bored, bored, bored. She got two good runs today-one clear to the gatehouse and back. They also got chickenhearts in gravy over rice for dinner tonight. Buster was complaining a little awhile ago so I took him out and he got finished (#1 AND #2) in less than 3 minutes. The boy does not like to get his fur wet. In between I napped a little, played some Free Cell, Scrabble and played with my toys. When the rain would let up I would run outside and wash the van or the coach and let Mother Nature provide the rinse. Andre hollered out his Vanagon window at me. I offered to wash his van. He opened up the door and a big bottle of Yellowtail Wine (empty) rolled out. They were over there getting well lit up and being naughty. They are cute.

Amazon has released an iPhone/iPod Touch application that allows you to download your Kindle books to the iPod. It even synchs the pages. If you are on page 42 of a book on the Kindle, when you open up the same book on the iPod, you are on page 42. Can they see me picking my nose? Not that I would do such a thing...

I got another application for my iPod that does streaming radio. Over 1800 radio stations from around the world-National Weather Service, NPR, etc. Very cool. I had bought an iPod radio attachment during the Circuit City frenzy for $20.00-steep discount. It wouldn't work on on my very new or my behemoth older one. But it did work on Andre's. He was thrilled to get it.

Brother Bob sent an email-he is operable-the PET scan showed no signs of other cancer cells in other places. He goes in soon- a pathology team has to be in attendance and the surgeon slices, the tissue is inspected slice by slice and after the cancer cells disappear they take a little more to be sure. He set a protocol for contact. Sounds like he takes the same attitude I do. If I am feeling lousy-don't bug me.

Brother Rich has settled into his new job-selling windshields and other auto supplies. Blue Cross was going backwards for them all. The economic times are forcing people to drop company and individual policies left and right. He got a very good offer from an old friend and took it. Drug Testing of Casper is doing pretty well. He always has several irons in the fire.

Have to walk the Honey-bear- probably another false alarm but it is not raining very much right now- so getting out will do us both some good.
Posted by Picasa