Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Now let me see...

After the communications from Wyoming I checked the highway webcams in Casper (top) and Riverton (below) early this morning. Then I talked with Wilbur-my longtime friend on the grounds crew and he asked when I was leaving. I told him I thought it got hot in April and he said- "Oh no, it is just like this." 72 degrees, light breeze, a beautiful day today. Then he said I might get a chance to see a hurricane. Which means I will play it by ear.


As I slid off the foot of the bed today I felt a little click in my lower spine and some relief. I have no doubt my lower spine is diskless-I can feel the vertebrae grating on occasion. I have read that many folks share this condition but some have pain and some don't. I have been lucky and will count on being pain free again. But it didn't last all day-spent some time in the anti gravity recliner this afternoon and it helped. What didn't help was cleaning up after the depredations of the local coon. He had a ball. Honey was raising a ruckus last night but I didn't want to risk her or the coon. The little devil almost got through the gorilla tape closure on the fridge. I put on new tape and a nylon cord/bungie cord closer.
Greg and Lew got out of here and moved into their new place. Joyce came by and I downloaded the pictures from her camera and made her a CD-ROM, sent some pix she promised a lady at a dog show. Some folks want the results of new technology but don't get the processes. Joyce and Gary are out of here Sunday. Bonnie and Dave on Thursday.

Honey met a cute little Schipperke and a HUGE Doberman who was intimidated by her. He is a sweet big boy. She played with Pal, a little shepherd mix, and a beagle named Happy. Buster got a longer walk today and he was smiling.
Posted by Picasa