Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rainy Day

Upon reflection, I think I came within a whisker of getting ripped off last night. On the way home I stopped at a Winn-Dixie on Woolbright for some creamer for my coffee, rolled the windows down for the dogs and dashed in. When I came out a guy in a van advertising driveway washing had blocked my van from observation from the store in spite of a sparsely populated parking lot. A white guy was hanging around outside his window (he had backed in) and the white guy moved right away as I approached my car. When the domelight came on the driver of the van turned a little ashy- He saw Honey and she was on alert. He said "I didn't see that dog-he was real quiet but is watching me." I said, "I don't bother locking up-somebody might get in but they won't get out. She goes for the face but the little one goes for the balls."


It was overcast until noon today and we then got a few showers. Most everybody was off someplace-half of them on their bikes. I took a nap after lunch-I hadn't realized I was tired but I slept for a couple of hours. I went to bed fine and woke up with a backache but worked it off. Honey's morning run was unsatisfactory so I cut it short. We stopped to say goodbye to Gary and Joyce-they were within minutes of departing but Joyce had left a nice note in my door last night so I saw them off and we came home. The apres nap run/bike ride was much better and Honey was ready after watching me sleep.





Nicole and Andre had a little happy hour. I had a light supper. In fact, I ate "right" all day long: raisin bran for breakfast, salad for lunch, and a small chicken breast and half a sweet potato for supper.

Jeanne finished her goofy collage/portrait of us all in our finer moments. She is quite good with a lower level Photoshop clone-Photosuite.

Talked to brother Bob this evening. He sounded tired after just a few minutes but his attitude is good and he is pleased with his surgeon and his care. Nothing by mouth yet and he is really hankering after a cold pop. Poor guy.

Now some more "rack time" for the O.F.