Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Power Lunch

I was on the road by 8:00 a.m. Stopped at Pep Boys for hefty wire cutters, Albertson's for some more sausage for my pea soup. I don't know for sure if the Latours bogarted the sausage or the coon got the floaters but they were sparse this morning and the coon had removed the top of the crock pot. (shh- I distributed it as if nothing had happened.) I tried the door to the RV place at 8:30-not due to open until 9:00 and it was open, bought what was supposed to work and was home by 9:30. Andre was watching for me and said "I will help you," and proceeded to very capably and knowledgeably change it out. Wrong plug so I was off to the RV store again. Ed my regular guy knew they were wrong and reluctantly sent me to Palm Beach RV which was way the hell and gone up Military Trail. They had what I needed. Back by noon. Here comes Andre. Does it again. I was touched. He said "You are my friend." And he cemented it at that moment. He is cut from a little rougher bolt of cloth from my other Quebec friends but he is a stalwart and good man. We exchanged email addresses. By 12:30 I had air conditioning and refrigeration in the coach.

Had email from Sooz with some suggestions for avoiding complete power outage in the future:
http://21st-century-goods.com/ In fact, after I collected myself last night I remembered lights and things I carry in the van. So I had a night light for my forays to the can as well as keeping my bearings because I have tended to topple over in darkness or with my eyes closed for quite some time.

Andre and Nicole, both sets, are leaving tomorrow. Coffee in the morning with #I and pictures of #II as they pull out with boat loaded with extra camping gear. Nicole I will go to the Army Corps of Engineers site at Port St. Lucie. Andre and Nicole II will go to Blue Springs and fishing on the Jones River. They went to Costco this afternoon and Nicole can transform herself with a little make-up and earrings. All of these Quebec women have a sense of style to make the most of their assets-not fashion, but something that suits them.

Took a little nap and was awakened by Buster panting up a storm. The air conditioning had not completely caught up but it was cool enough. I came out to surf the net and Buster got under the table. Then I knew: somewhere in a hundred and fifty mile radius, thunder and lightning was occurring. Took the dogs for a ride because fleeing is what he wants to do. It spit a little but that was it. I heard exactly one distant rumble. Busty is uncanny.

I have a long list of things to occupy my time now that the playmates are clearing out. Zen and the Art of RV maintenance time is upon me. And, as usual, I have learned from the season and will try to get ready for the "next season." I'll have the coolest campsite ever.

Pea-Ess. Everybody loved the soup.

Labels: