Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Bon Voyage Rene et Terese

Terese gives Rene a haircut before they went to the Metropolitan Opera simulcast on Tuesday night. He hasn't paid for a haircut since they married.
Loaded up and ready to put the top down on their VW Westfalia camper-a five cylinder Audi engine powers it and gets 18 miles per gallon.. They have lived in it since December-and they had a gazebo tent. They managed very well, thrived and enjoyed it.
They are driving up the A-1-A which hugs the coast all the way to Jacksonville, FL. It will be a beautiful trip but will probably not exceed 50 m.p.h very many times. They said they told their kids they would be home for Easter but that is their only time constraint.

We have all had a great time this season. New friends and old friends. But I am looking forward to Wyoming and counting my blessings there too. Cool nights among them.

The campground is sparsely settled in my neck of the woods-very peaceful-Honey has no one to bark at so she is out guarding at 11:30 p.m. Keeping the coons away I suppose because she bolted very early today and chased something clear to the fence. Happily, she allowed me to catch her with no fuss. It is supposed to be cooling later this week. It was 88 today which keeps me under the air conditioning. We made a jaunt to Harbor Freight for silicone to oil the locks and a few other items. I did not deviate from my list. I have had a chance to eyeball a few items that I will order from Wyoming.
Posted by Picasa