Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Bon Voyage Andre and Nicole, Andre and Nicole

No, there is not an echo in here; both sets of Andre and Nicoles left this morning. Warm goodbyes. The lady above with a warm hug and and "I love you." Nice people all of them.
Andre ("the other brother Andre") hyper Andre, waving goodbye below. After farewells, Jeanne Latour came for a visit- a l-o-n-g visit..about her favorite subject: Jeanne Latour. These compact campers are very cool for normal to smaller people. Great gas mileage but they are pricey-about $90,000.00 per copy. Their owners love them. Both Nicoles say they could travel full time.

I did get a few things done before Mr. Latour asked me to take him to the Ford garage. Their truck is still not right. The engine part is still under warranty so that is good but they are getting nervous about being able to go home. I am starting to get nervous about their being able to go home. Suddenly with the diaspora from the park I have waterfront view property. Six rows of campers make an effective barrier to seeing the lake. Now I have a straight shot. It is staying pretty toasty. That is going to drive me out before anything else. Talked to David. My spot awaits at the storage yard.

My favorite pocket camera is injured. Rats. I'll see about getting it fixed. My pocket is a dangerous place evidently. I love that thing. Meanwhile I grieve. I am getting edgy-little things seem to be going wrong. I think I will have to replace the coach batteries-not that I haven't gotten good value from them but they are pricey. I have nearly been locked out twice- I was oiling locks in the dark tonight-fortunately I know myself all too well and keep a spare set of keys in the van. The disadvantage of one button electric locks on all doors is becoming apparent when the locks stick.

Back is a little ouchy-think I will go get flat.
Posted by Picasa