Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Ain't That a Peach?

No, it's a pineapple. A cool and relatively windless day in John Prince park. Very pleasant. Got some things done in the sorting, pitching, planning department. Took a trip to return electrical plugs and the RV store was closed. Uhoh. It is going around-these store closings. Harbor Freight was so booming I peeked at the checkout lines and decided to try again another day. Latours are home safe according to email. I have two Easter dinner invitations 2564 miles apart-Janet's and Jason's. I think I will opt for the Florida one. Judging from the picture below I should opt for skipping it altogether.



Andre and Nicole are back-they didn't like it at Port St. Lucie so they came back here and will go to Anastasia park near St. Augustine on Sunday. They have waterfront sites this time. Probably won't speak.

Big deal in the papers about the local Jews celebrating the creation of the Sun. It only occurs every 28 years that the day of the week and Biblical account of the Sun being created on the 4th day coincide. Bernie Madoff knew a group ripe for plucking, didn't he? Lori was going to help put together a showing of her cousin Karla's metal sculpture. Turns out most of them were crosses and hearts. Also turns out that many of the kid's friends are Jewish. Not a big market for crosses. Event cancelled for the awkward-making potential. "Want to buy a cross?" "Oy Vey!" I'm not picking on the Jews-explain the Easter Bunny to me one more time. But I will enjoy the get-together and good food.

Jason told me Sunday that Mango, the bird, and he have a love-hate relationship: Mango loves Jason and Jason hates Mango. But the bird is winning him over. It clings to his shirt and Jason shares his dinner. Mango also snuggles him and rides on Juneau. He disappears around cage time and sleeps on the mirror in the bedroom and got in bed with Jason and Juneau as soon as Jason's eyes opened. Sounds like this temporary placement is going to become permanent to me. Mango was a victim of the recession-his owners lost their home and he could not go-with. Say "Naughty Bush," Mango. The foreclosed pet problem down here is huge. I don't dare look at the animal shelter ads.
Posted by Picasa