Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bon Voyage

The overjoyed recipient of the fresh pineapple award above. A parting gift of the very nice and completely unexpected (what in the hell am I going to do with a whole pineapple category) type. I think it will go to Deerfield for Easter dinner.
Mme. is pointing her imaginary 44's at me-they are more like 36's or 38's. Marc did take my advice and get his soft RV tire fixed yesterday-bad valve stem, but did not take my advice to wait another day because of the stiff winds. This Wyoming boy has seen many of these rigs on their side in the ditch from wind. Hopefully they will make it home without mishap. I did end up enjoying them a great deal. Kind of a trial at times but I met the challenge and they were part of a good mix this season. Marc is some kind of saint. He did also take the advice that one of his leveling boards was infested with carpenter ants and should go in the trash instead of home to Georgia.
It did get cooler but the winds were fierce all day long. I had a good nap. Between potty breaks and pinched nerve, the nights have been getting shorter and shorter. So a nap is a good thing. I am getting tired of the sore back-Dr. Internet says the usual prescription is two weeks bed rest but normal life with "watchful waiting" yields about a 65% recovery rate also.

Brother Bob sent an email from home-sounding pretty chipper. That is good news. He left the hospital on the 4th.

I can only see about 10 RV's from my campsite. There are more along the lake-in fact that is still pretty densely populated. I am liking the peacefulness. The wind died down long enough for Honey to get a bike run this evening. She was full of it this morning but she is growing up and is clearly more affectionate toward me as well as Buster. Buster does have a cute little hiney. He butts it up close to my sore back at night and Honey butts her head up against it when they sleep in the living room. The forced togetherness as opposed to running free on the old homestead has integrated our blended family. They are good companions. They make me laugh.
Posted by Picasa