Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Revised Plan

Monday was pretty productive: I Olde Englished all the oak in the coach which is a lot. I had done it at the start of the season because the wood looked thirsty to me and it was thirsty this time too-I really soaked up a piece of shammy cloth and laid it on. I am debating about Pledging it before I store it. Last season I spent a lot of time on the exterior of the coach-this time it is the interior's turn. I washed and waxed the exterior during a rain storm earlier this year. Washed all my throw rugs. Got some other piddly details stuff done Monday too.

Lew and Greg dropped by to have a beverage and say goodbye. Lew was sticking around for Passover and got to see his father perform the Seder at Benvenuto for 72 people. Greg is anxious to get home. They are off Wednesday. I enjoyed the visit and we will get together next season-God Willing.

Today I was kind of puny- I had a hard time getting up and staying up and my stomach was upset. I watched the grounds crew dig a hole in my yard for one of ten poles that will comprise the WiFi Internet grid. Four Blacks and two Hispanics, the White guy called in sick. It looks to be over-engineered to me but what do I know? I only provided service to the top half of the park and 35 separate clients this year with my $200.00 router. I will be relieved to be off the hook in the future. The system was supposed to be in by December 30, 2008 so I provided services way beyond my expectation. Honey got her morning run before I had to cut and run for the house. I stayed close to the house all the rest of the day. Just not with it-spacy and queasy.

I got the bedroom done -it is going to have to store quite a bit of stuff so I needed it in good shape. My list is getting longer and since the weather turned to rain today, I decided March 19 was kind of arbitrary. I will go when I am ready. Delores has been emailing saying "stay, stay" when the blizzards roll through but she says it is OK to come home now. I'll get there when I get there. Pressure is off. I am enjoying the work and when it is done it will be done right.