Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Setback- Grumbling

After looking threatening all Monday morning, the skies opened up late yesterday afternoon and we got a good soaking. Now we need to wait for cushions, patio carpet, etc., to dry out. The vacuuming is negated-muddy paw prints everywhere, a bored Honey has been making little pieces out of big pieces as I slept, and she is cooped up and not being a good sport about it. Buster was terrified by the thunder and panted in my ear all night long. I have a little bit more sympathy for the weatherman here because the kids got zip-Jason repaired his bilge pump yesterday and enjoyed the sunshine. We met halfway in Delray for a meal at my favorite restaurant: Phyllis G's Enigma. This time we met the chef, his wife waited on us, and son-in-law Jaimie showed off his beloved motorycle. I was a stoopid and did not photograph the food-which is so good, so generous and beautifully presented in a funky little place that you can't get into on weekends in season.

An aftermarket electronic device Jaimie installed-now his Honda motorcycle clocks at 193.6 m.p.h. It is quiet but zippy as he demonstrated.
Still drizzling this morning as we came back from McDonald's. I am out of regular coffee and whether it is the decaf or depression I have the slows and thought a jolt of high test coffee would be salutary. I am ready to be on my way emotionally but not physically and the rain put a damper on progress. The Sun is shining now and will help dry things out- I will leave when I can.
Posted by Picasa