Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Out of the Park, Still in Florida

Florida Frolics in the pool. David was kind enough to meet me on Sunday to put the RV to bed. He did not want to fire up the computer system to bill me and said he would send it. When I got to Deerfield I remembered I had not disconnected the battery nor connected the solar charger. The kids made it an easy choice inviting me to stay until Tuesday. So I have been resting and enjoying-we had a fabulous Sundayvmeal at the Baja Cafe-I had my farewell Spinach,/Chicken enchiladas, and we shared Refritos Diablo. Other than that relaxed visiting and playing with the dogs. Highly entertaining.

Tonight Jason is grilling hamburgers and making whale fries which seem to be disappearing as fast as they are made. Lori fixed a cherry cobbler. We are dining in tonight in fine style. The trip to LakeWorth to pay off the storage and fix the batteries went swimmingly.

Tomorrow we head north but I have no fixed itinerary yet. I need to look at a map but it is a day's trip to get out of Florida and I know how to do that.
Posted by Picasa