Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Friday, May 08, 2009

Looking for the Red Kryptonite-I am in Bizarro World

For some strange reason cleaning and pitching has held more interest for me than blogging or surfing. There must be some red kryptonite around here. Never fear, there are weeks of effort ahead but every little bit helps. My notes to JPP buddies paid off with replies. Andre sent the one below. Le Dou Dou is Nicole's 31 foot sailboat. They will take up residence on it in Lake Champlain on May 15th. "Le Dou Dou" roughly translates into "blanky" like a baby's fave or favorite blanket-a comforter.


Jason sent me an iPhone picture from Deerfield Beach today. Kind of mean of him because we have had a chill wind all day long. Dogs and man were sitting on the south side of the house soaking up rays to the best of our ability. I played with the dogs-Honey needs it and Buster likes it on his limited terms. He was hacking quite a bit today. I am suspicious he is jettisoning his meds. Honey got into something nasty and ended up barfing after dinner. So after a rest she got another dinner and so far so good.
My darn toe is vexing and perplexing. It seems fine in the morning but as the day wears on...perhaps as my feet swell? I bought some new shoes, Dr. Scholls, 14 W, at Wal-Mart tonight. Maybe that will help. Wal-Mart is one corporation showing a profit-I am discovering why-subtle gouging. Used to be able to buy a dozen Oatmeal Raisin cookies for $2.50. Now you get nine cookies for $3.50. The nine count package is bigger than the dozen package used to be. And they are doughy. I did not do a raisin count on the previous ones- they cut them up besides, but these are much less a cookie. They used the cost of gasoline to justify the price hike awhile ago-but gas is not so high anymore. I ran across an article from awhile back that said $4.00 per gallon gas was here to stay. Warren Buffett said Economists were invented to make weather forecasters look good.
Posted by Picasa