Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fair to Partly Crappy

Not the weather which has been pretty good but my life and times. Besides coming to terms with what Buster's condition "means" my toe is going backwards and I think I have pitched a fever based on sodden pillows and two shirts last night. Not much doing the last couple of days. But I addressed the toe issue again, and Buster had a pretty good day today. He even played with Honey this evening and did not get the hacks until about a half an hour ago. Per advice from a web Veterinary School site, I am adding some supplements to his diet. I take CoQ10 myself so I have been cutting the pills and putting the gel stuff in Buster's food and it seems to be helping some. L-Carnitine will arrive any day now. There is no cure but quality and quantity of his pretty good life may be stretched and I like to think I will be unselfish enough to know when it is "time." In the meantime, I am having some bouts of sadness.

I've been indulging in some "Retail Therapy." Nothing flashy but Buy.com sends me tantalizing emails. Some electronics outfits are pricing for the recession and when it says "free shipping," I click and wait for UPS or Fedex to bring me toys. Six bucks bought a battery/extender, charger for the iPod that is battery operated (included!) and is supposed to give 72 hours of operation. Battery life for all iPod stuff is not too shiny.

The neighbors are branding Saturday and I will go see if I still know how to take a picture.

Time to go snuggle the pups. Just like with your kids, get those cuddles while you can.