Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

"There was a young man from Nantucket..."

Well, we won't go there but today is National Limerick Day. I used to enjoy writing a limerick once in awhile though mostly they were unprintable or even unutterable in polite company. By design, they are supposed to be a little off color.



Nice day today but windy and I don't want to mess up my hair, so I'll mess up your head.



There was an old fart from Arapahoe
Who hobbled around with a sore toe.
To his chagrin
It was the shoe it was in,
Don't worry, at his age there'll be anew woe.



There is a proofreader from Everett,
Who is glad Uncle Sam pays off his debt.
It adds a measure
To her treasure,
Until she says "hunt'n'peckers Nyet!".

My Nevada cousin drives a big truck,
His hard way to earn a big buck,
But it supports
The outdoor sports
And gives him plenty of time to (I'm stuck
here. Give me a hand.)

But I am sure you can do better. Here is the cheat sheet:

http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Limerick