Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Branding for the Lazy 69

It did me a world of good to get out and do something today. The neighbors up the road were branding and I went to take pictures. It was a perfect day for it and I had no responsibilities save for snapping away. Other folks worked hard. When I started to get leaden feet I went home, rested, and kept a social appointment at Halls where I wet my whistle with a Corona. The dogs went and were relatively good-Honey worked herself into hysteria at the branding. She wanted to chase something. Great day.
This capable hand is a cowgirl-Cindy. She can do it all and has it all-loads of fun, and she and Hollis are "keeping company" although their respective homeplaces are about 160 miles apart- Arapahoe and Midwest, WY.
Hollis roping calves by the heel-an art I admire and cannot begin to comprehend.

Guy and his surgical tools, Janet and her needles, Reddon with his muscles, Thayne with the branding iron, Hollis and Cindy with their horses.
Lots more pix and commentary at the Web Album:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sroberts.wyoming/BrandingForTheLazy69May2009#
Posted by Picasa