Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Cool Clear Water

A beautiful sight: my pasture with water working its way to the slough. Not only that, the day dawned cool and stayed that way. I sat on the deck and munched grapes with two good dogs at my feet and felt that all is right with the world. These moments always pass so they are to be savored.

I noticed some yellowing leaves on some trees so the bug spray came out and the ironite fertilizer got spread around. It is probably bug damage but I hadn't fertilized the perimeters for a year so no harm, no foul. The water will send it deep soon.
Tresa called. I took pictures at her son's wedding-she says it has been 4 years ago. She has talked about taking me out for dinner as a payback but I didn't do it for pay, I did it for them because they are friends so I dragged my feet. So in the month of my birthday she is sending me gift certificates for Svilar's restaurant. Perhaps they will join me. She has a wicked wit and is a church secretary-pretty devout. So she says things and then prays to be a better person. I love my interesting friends.
Posted by Picasa