Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Road Rash by Robert Kirby

blogs.sltrib.com - Road Rash by Robert Kirby

Click to go to Robert Kirby's new Blog. He is my admired Salt Lake Tribune Columnist and his editor sent three of the staff on a Mormon Handcart Trek that goes right through our neck of the woods, er prairie. Friends Polly and Lynda have their bookshop/ranch right there at the Sweetwater. Kirby's blog is good reading. As usual with a blog, start at the bottom for the earliest entry.

Our Sunday was more comfortable than his. I did make it to town for a highway robbery: inflation has even hit Wal-Mart. We have grub for awhile. BIG bag of dog food, this time.

The County Fair culminated yesterday and I am always amazed to see how fast it disappears. It was a beehive all week. According to other bloggers our valley folk did well in the competitions and socialized in a good way. That is good to hear.

Finally there is water in my ditch. Used to be water there all season. It has never been this late. I am being punished or messed with. I'll exercise my water right after this stint. I have always let the neighbors lead because when I exercise my right the water has to go past their place and irrigation and cows makes for ruined pasture sometimes. I was just waiting to see how C.S. they were prepared to be. My well does a pretty good job on the surface watering. The cottonwoods need a deep watering though.

I was out ditch cleaning and Honey had a ball-just joyously playing in the water. Then she went under the table to share the experience with Buster and he got really annoyed. That is a dog that doesn't like water. I am encouraged that Honey may swim in Florida.

Cuz Donna called. Cuz Ed was up at the cabin near Evergreen and septic and water problems manifested themselves. Gave as much advice as I could over the phone. Rich is going down there next weekend. He can help. I miss Donna but her Chow is nasty to other dogs. Her old Chow was a luv. So that's that. "You pays your money and takes your choices."