Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Those Lazy, Crazy, Hazy Days of Summer

Scene of "Porch Therapy." Porch Therapy consists of ice cold Corona's, canape's, a long time friend (Delores), a long mutual history and mutual friends to share stories about. Laughing is allowed.
Delores and her granddaughter Cade- lanky Middle Schooler.
Two Corona's sent the blood sugar into headache territory. Stopped at McDonald's for doggie burgers and drove home in increasing smoke. I am pretty sure it is from the California fires. The swamp cooler makes a good air filter too so I am inside and breathing free. Smoke makes for great sunsets though.
Little Miss Nu-nu playing with the llamas.

Tried to make my John Prince Park reservations and was told the Volunteer Program had been scuttled. My days of privilege are over before they began. What a blow. It is high anxiety time about getting in now. Called Eve to see if the Withrow reunion is going to be in Deerfield at Thanksgiving or in February. That affects my schedule. Too early in and I am home too early-still winter. Too late in and I am home all winter. I'll call the Florida kids tomorrow to see what they are doing about the Boynton house. Maybe it is gone but with the real estate market being what it is, it might still be available to take up the slack on one end or the other.

I have been the weed and pest department for the past two days. Mowed lots of weeds, whacked some, fogged for bugs. We all know some prominent citizens here whose demise was directly caused or hastened by West Nile Disease so it doesn't take but the sighting of one mosquito and I am spraying or fogging. The heat has really brought out the bugs-flies especially, and the fogger seems to be effective on them too. I would prefer not to spray insecticide but given the stakes....Good investment so far.
Posted by Picasa