Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Sunday AND Monday

Did a little weed-whacking Sunday. I have been contributing to the great American debates as in leaving comments, where invited, and I am moved to do so on various websites-the several newspapers I read daily and some political websites. Herzog revisited. (Saul Bellow book). I check a few blogs too and noticed my winter friend Greg's had disappeared. It being Sunday, I burned a few cell phone minutes to catch up with Lew and Greg. It seems Greg's daughter whom he had not seen since she was nearly three (long sad story) looked him up and came for a visit. She likes to noodle on the computer so Greg did some frantic housecleaning on his hard drive (ahem). Lew said Greg was a dutiful father and I could tell that Greg really got a lot out of the visit. The daughter is on her way to Denver to work at a Starbuck's.

The Oregon kids called and sounded good. They were bathing Audrey and being a family. They said Audrey wanted to play with Buster. I haven't told him yet because I know he doesn't share her enthusiasm.

A brand new day for the pups. They get me up at 5:00 a.m. every damn day and are off. They have found someplace wet to play and come back soaked and mucky-so they stay out until they are semi-dry. They are full of beans, then they take long naps and I don't- most days. They are buddies again but Honey is learning Buster means "No" sometimes. Now if I can achieve the same thing...no, that is unfair-she knows "no" and I don't even have to raise my voice. She just decides to ignore me sometimes.

Some equipment arrived. The EVDO router worked as promised-no glitches. The desktop wireless adapter is problematic. A challenge! A big flash attachment for the Sony DSLR camera came also. The professional photographer for Rich and Val posted his pictures on the web and got such good results I realized I needed better light sometimes. It is pretty sophisticated- mostly automatic but can function as an off-camera slave, too.