Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Kirby: Mother Goose has teeth and she's mean - Salt Lake Tribune

Kirby: Mother Goose has teeth and she's mean - Salt Lake Tribune

I read the Salt Lake City Tribune online regularly. One of its not-too-well known charms is the Humor and Religion guy: Robert Kirby. This column made me laugh out loud as did the previous one on "object lessons." He is a Mormon- he used to call himself the oxyMormon. The Mormons aren't safe with him loose but many love him- he is quoted from the First Presidency from time to time. My gift to you: Robert Kirby.