Picaresque

Picaresque is the adjective to describe writings about a common or low character who survives the pitfalls of life through luck or good fortune. My travels, interests, my animals, my photographs, my wonderful friends and family are featured.

Name:
Location: Arapahoe, Wyoming, United States

(Note: Blogs read from bottom to top; scroll down for beginnings, scroll up for most current.) After 30 years in public administration and four degrees, as well as numerous workshops with luminaries in Education and Public Policy, life in a slower lane became a goal. Most recently I have done policy writing and consulting for the Northern Arapaho and Eastern Shoshone Tribes. Mostly, I am just coasting slowly and gently downhill these days-seeking joy where I can find it before the glorious ride ends.

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Still Alive!

I have been practically living in the Lindy-the recording studio. Today my CD-ROM player disappeared from the computer-heart attack time because the entire iTunes, CD collection is on that machine and no sounds were coming out of it-wedding a week away. I did a system restore-wouldn't take. I used Norton Backup- I checked here and there. HP has a live online chat help desk and my correspondent: handle "Sinclair" real name Apu or some such by the very few context clues he gave off, turned out to be a gem- loads of suggestions. The only hard part was his extreme politeness-saying goodbye took forever. I put off doing the work because "take a screwdriver..."seemed dangerous to me. But I did it and I am back in business. Hooray.

Honey is such a wench. Buster is kind and gentle and not piggy at all. (a little slow perhaps?) I gave them each a small pig's ear chew this afternoon. Honey immediately checked out Buster's, then went to stash hers and came back for his. I thwarted that. Next I knew she had a huge pig's ear. She had gone into the house and helped herself. Top of the fridge is apparently the only safe place. So I got a big ear for Buster because he was "What gives here?" He politely always awaits permission but the wait was just long enough to allow Miss Piggy to snatch his new one. At first she was a little flummoxed about what to do with two and Buster wanting his back. She put both in her mouth and hightailed it for her stash. I put Buster in the house with a fresh one and closed the door. Gave Honey some worm medicine. She was scooting this morning. I want to stay on top of this as we three share a bed. Wouldn't be seemly for me to be scooting on the lawn at the wedding reception.

Another nation heard from: Frankie B. a Native American-kind of socially inept but very bright in some other ways caught sight of me at Wal-Mart yesterday. "Hey what do you think of Harlan." (my neighbor) I said nothing. "He's an a____le, isn't he?" Well, what could I say? As Frank owns quite a chunk of land Harlan likes to lease for his cows, I was a little surprised. Harlan is usually very personable when he wants something or thinks he can get over on you.

Checked out the contest winner's blog. He Googled the quotation! Knowing where to find information if you don't know it is a valuable skill too. I'd buy him a beer for nothing.